Old Bluecoats School
Located within the Cathedral Quarter of the city centre, this chateau-style Blue Coat School is believed to have been founded in 1714 as a charity school for girls who spent their last two years being trained in the rigours of domestic service.
The present building is built over the ruins of the Cathedral and Priory of St Mary's.
It dates from 1850's & was restored in 2000.
bluecoatchateau1800oldblue skysky bluearchitecturehistoriccoventrycity of culturesky